Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween, Clueless things and Mary's Birthday???

Halloween: We had a great Halloween! Fritz was Thomas the Train's train conductor and Olly was a pumpkin. The kids got to have a fun hay ride around the neighborhood and Fritz got to stay up way past his bedtime. It was a success! Here are some pictures:

Olly the Pumpkin


Olly's first attempt at trick or treating (just for fun!)


Fritz and Olly with Daddy John and Mama Jan


Mommy and her boys

Brotherly love!!!


Clueless things: Daily I have to remind myself to slow down, breath or just be patient. Three year old boys are a piece of work. My once sweet angel has turned into a hyper, stubborn and sometimes bossy chatterbox. So by the time dinner rolls around I am always rushing to get food on the table, drinks filled and both boys rangled in their seats. Mark is always looking at me like I am crazy, but my nerves are usually shot.
So the other day I was nearing the end of these dinner preparations and everyone was sitting, but I still had to get bibs on and dinner on the table. So I was rushing madly before the meal got cold on the counter and I grabbed one of the bib's off the towel hook and was mindlessly trying to strap it on Fritz. It was not connecting for some reason. It has a little snap in the back that easily hooks, but I could not get the bib to even fit around Fritz's neck. I struggled for a good 20 to 30 second to get this bib on before I snapped out of my frenzied coma and looked down to see that I was struggling repeatedly to clasp this bib around my husband's neck!!! I am cracking up as I write this because if you could have seen the look on Mark's face you would have died! He was looking up at me like I was insane. I gasped when I realized what I was doing and started cracking up because I truly thought I was putting the bib on Fritz. It is not like Fritz wasn't in his normal spot at the table...I was just moving way to fast and thinking way to slow. Mark goes,"I thought you were joking!" It was the funniest thing that has happened in a long time. The whole family proceeded to crack up for the next five minutes.


Finally, Fritz said the funniest thing this morning. I had to drop a wedding gift off at someone's house this morning. Fritz sees a gift and automtically assumes it is for his birthday. I said, "No baby. Your birthday has passed. This is a wedding gift. Somebody got married." He said, "Oh, Mary's birthday. We go to Mary's birthday. She be so excited to see me. She want to play with me." I laughed so hard. We don't even know a Mary! We must have had that exact same conversation about six more times before I delivered the present. He heard married and automatically switched it up to Mary's birthday. He cracks me up.


Fritzy's extreme close up!
















3 comments:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Hooray for an update!!! My favorite picture is the one of Fritz looking at Olly in the stroller. OH and also the close up of Fritzer. His eyes look amazingly beautiful!!!!

The Armstrong's said...

Ohhhh, I just pee'd my pants! That was a really funny post. I'm with Tiffany, the pic of "brotherly love" is great.

Mrs. Bailey said...

ahhhh! love the halloween pictures. too cute! :)
okay, you made me laugh - hard! the bib thing was hillarious - mostly because i can soooo relate. i feel like my brain just can't keep up with anything these days. is it sad when your kids start finishing your statements because you got distracted somewhere along the way? :)
your boys are beautiful! :) i loved reading the update! :) miss ya!