Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Family Traditions

The Houston family hit Astros Opening day again this year. Mark and I vowed to take the boys every year and so it has become our family tradition. We were a little worried about how we would convince Olly boy to sit still through nine innings...and we were right. He screamed and ate and wiggled through the whole game, but we made it and the tradition lives on. Here are some cute pics that we take every year!


Fritz and Daddy 2006


Fritz and Daddy 2007


Fritz, Olly and Daddy 2008


Fritz, Olly and Daddy 2009


We also had a great Easter weekend with all the Houston clan! The boys got to have an egg hunt with their cousins on Saturday night at our traditional Easter breakfast. Then they had another hunt on Sunday afternoon after church and a yummy Easter lunch. We also packed into the weekend a shopping trip and a birthday party to boot. We were pooped by Sunday night!












The only thing missing from my Easter weekend was my family...my mom, dad, sister and brother. The only person that I have seen in the past two years is my mom. I have not seen my sister, brother or dad in two years!!! So those that have family near by, please enjoy them!


Finally, an update on my last post...I did it! I ran all ten miles. It was painful, but I did it. That was definitely a milestone for me. For me, running ten miles was all about convincing myself I could and blocking out the negativity. So I finally beat my head as I like to think of it. I did not want to lose the momentum I had with my training, or give myself a reason to skip a day, so I signed up for my first triathlon! This has been a goal of mine for at least ten years. When I finish this I will be able to check it off my bucket list. June 7 is the big day and again it is going to be all about beating my head. It is going to be awesome!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Love the astros pics. That is going to be so fun to look at when they are teenagers! Love the picture of Olly in his Easter shirt! And I'm so proud of you for signing up for your tri! You are so awesome!!!

Mrs. Bailey said...

love the tradition pictures! what great memory for your boys! the kids looked so cute for easter! :)
you have a beautiful family!

Jeannine Hirtle said...

I love you Jess!

Mom