Friday, April 3, 2009

May God Give Me Wings

So I am participating in a fundraiser on Sunday for my friend Kara's family. Kara's little girl, Ashtyn, has Acardi syndrome and requires help meeting all her needs. After having back surgery in December from years of lifting Ashtyn, Kara can no longer pick up her daughter to care for her. So this fundraiser is to raise money for a lift system for Tommy and Kara's house. This will allow Ashtyn to continue to live at home with her parents and sister where she can have the best life possible.

We are aiming to raise $10,000 which will cover half the cost of the lift. I was blessed to have various friends and family sponsor me for this 10 mile walk/run. It is a 10 mile event because Ashtyn is turning 10 this summer. I am so happy that I met my personal goal of $1000 and hope that it will help Kara and Tommy meet their goal to buy the lift.

So I will be praying on Sunday for God to give me wings to complete the ten mile run. I have trained for it, but it will be a challenge nonetheless.

Here are some cute pics of the boys from the past month.
Olly passed out on the way home from the Zoo

Fritz passed out on the way home from the Zoo

4 comments:

Tracy Robinson said...

the boys look so big! strawberry picking sounds fun, i'm jealous! we went last year and it was about 5098 degrees outside, no bueno!

good luck on your run!! that is awesome.

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Oh I can't wait to see my babies soon!!!!!!!! It's going to be so fun to bond with them. Oh and you too!!! (: Love you!!!! Can't wait!

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Oh and I am so incredibly proud of you and your running! I am still in shock that you are able to run for an hour and 20 minutes without stopping. I would absolutely keel over! Go jess go!

Mrs. Bailey said...

the boys are getting so big and are so beautiful!
wow . . . jess! what an amazing goal! that is so wonderful and so admirable! what a great friend! :) way to go!