Saturday, August 22, 2009

The power of positive thinking prevails!

As somebody who grew up being very negative, I have really tried to embrace the power of positive thinking as an adult. My sister is really the driving force behind this because I can still easily fall back into my old "Grinchy" ways. She constantly reminds me that if you put it out there, it will happen. Whether this is how the universe really works or this is how we just get through life, the result is the same: less stress and more joy!

So I put the power into effect yesterday when I bought a lottery ticket. I made it known to myself and those around me that we would win some money. I didn't have a specific amount in mind, but I let no other thought enter my mind other than us winning. I know this seems silly, but I just put it out there. Well low and behold...we won $2!!! I know your thinking $2 really, but I won something. Now I don't ever play the lottery so I am not sure what I should have been expecting. The moral of the story is to be positive and hopeful always because it can't hurt, it can only improve your life and those around you. However, negativity kills! It kills your spirit and the spirit's of those around you.

Thanks again Tiff for being such a good big sis!

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their mind to be" ~ Abraham Lincoln

By the way, I am rocking the new fall background to will fall here faster. Can't you just smell the cinnamon and pumpkin? Who wants to go to the pumpkin patch?

3 comments:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Yeah!!!! I love this post because it's so true! It's kind of amazing really...
Thank you for ALWAYS being an incredible sister and best friend. I've adored you since the day you were born!!!!!!
Next visualization....a Lindsey family trip to the Houston house!!!
I love you!!!!!!!

Jeannine Hirtle said...

Yeah! You've got the "secret"~=! This post makes me so happy! You've always had the joy inside the protective layers of "grinchiness." I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindy said...

Me! Me! October is my favorite month!