Thursday, January 29, 2009

He had me at "Hi Mommy!"

So last night when I got in from a wonderful night of adult conversation with the girls at BW3s, Fritz was still awake. I wasn't surprised when Mark told me he was in our bed. So I walk in and his handsome little face is poking out from under the covers just smiling at me. He said, "Hi Mommy! Did you have fun with your friends?" in the cutest little lispy 3-year-old voice. I said, "Thank you for asking Fritz. I did have fun." He said, "You had fun with your friends...did you play trains? Did you play trains with your friends?" I laughed and couldn't help but go kiss him. I love that in my 3-year-old's head playing trains is what having fun means. He was just sure that we had played trains.

So then as I was getting ready for bed I couldn't help but continue to laugh because I kept picturing all 16 of us girls sitting around a train table at BW3s. Perhaps it wouldn't have been as funny if I hadn't had four beers, but to me it was hilarious.

So then to top my evening off I come out of my bathroom ready for bed and Fritz is still peeping over the covers just smiling at me. He looked at me and said, "Oh Mommy...you are cuteiful!" I said, "what?" He said, "you are cuteiful!" Uhhhhh! My sweet angel. He thinks I am cuteiful. And yes I have called Websters and they are considering it as a word for 2010 :) There are really no other words for how that made me feel. So thank you Fritz William! Mommy loves you!

4 comments:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness! I can just hear him saying that to you! What a doll. He loves you so much and that makes me so happy!!!!! You're such an awesome mommy!!!

Mrs. Bailey said...

ahhhh! how sweet is that? cuteiful! :) i love it! :) gotta love sweetness like that!

The Armstrong's said...

AWWWWW, I'm so glad you could come out and play trains with us! Your post made me smile it makes me think about all the things Lilly is going to say to us. Fritz deserves "the rainbow"!

Jeannine Hirtle said...

Cuteiful is the best yet! Webster's needs to add that to their tome.