Monday, January 26, 2009

LOVE MY BOYS!

I can remember when I was pregnant with Fritz people kept telling me, "boys just love their Mommies!" Not like any child doesn't love their Mom, but nonetheless I liked the idea of lovey little boys. Well it is so true. Fritz has always been my baby and is now my handsome little man. Now that he can articulate his feelings it is so fun to hear what comes out of his mouth. My favorite thing that he has been saying lately is "Mommy...you are my best friend!" Ohhhhhhh how my heart melts. He also likes to say, "Oh Mommy, you are so sweet!"

But with this new talent for speaking his mind also comes the other side. When he is getting disciplined for something he likes to say, "Mommy you have to be nice" or "Daddy you need to use your nice words." At first I thought okay he is right, but then after thinking about it I was like he is the one in trouble here. There is no way I am going to be able to effectively discipline a 3-year-old boy without at least pulling out my angry voice.


Olly reminded us yesterday that he is certainly growing up! Here is a picture of him scaling a box of toys to climb onto the coffee table. Once on top he teetered on the edge not even realizing the inevitable fall that would have occured had I not been there. Silly baby!